Monday, May 16, 2011

Weight Loss Mile Markers

I've been hanging around the 165lbs mark for a week or so. I have had too many "cold" days sprinkled in between my hot days. My original weight lost goal was 160lbs. I want to go to 155lbs to give myself some fudge room (pun intended!). Being so close and yet so far is frustrating and I am ready to make a run for it.

I have found that giving myself mile markers is a good approach. For example, the next big date on the calendar is Memorial Day weekend. Being from Indiana that means Indy 500 time!  Memorial Day is fourteen days away. Can you imagine what fourteen "hot" days in a row cold mean? It could mean me hitting the 160lbs mark and getting into the 150's! I may not make 155lbs, but I can be close. So today I am shooting for fourteen straight hot days.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

If you can think in terms of mile markers, you will do better. Think M-F "hot" days or for longer stretches: Memorial Day to Father's Day or Father's Day to July 4th, etc. Whatever mile markers you set, push for your goal.

Is it going to be easy? No! I know this week there is a "pig pull" dinner for our carpenter's group, I am going to be out-of-town on one day, and we are having a going away staff lunch next week at a Japanese restaurant! It will not be easy-it never is-but I am going to do all I can to push through to Memorial Day. Hopefully, the 160's will be a memory for me by Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment