Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Name/Pancakes

I have not posted anything substantial for a time because I have been busy developing a menu guide/cookbook. Hopefully, it will be in print very soon.

I am sure you have noticed a new name "Skinny Jim's Menus." The reason for the name change is a concern that "Slim Jim" is a copyright name and I might have some legal problems with the future menu guide. I don't want to be sued by the people who gave us beef jerky!  Hence, the name change.

In honor of the new name, I thought I would give you a new recipe I developed: BASIC PANCAKES


Basic Pancakes(LP/FC)
· 1/2 C DFWB crumbs        1/2 C FF cottage cheese
· 4 egg whites                      1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp vanilla                    2 packets Stevia or Splenda
Blend everything except the DFWB (Double Fiber Wheat Bread). Once you have a smooth liquid, add the DFWB crumbs and blend for only a little bit, you want the batter to be a little bumpy. Let the batter sit for a couple minutes, to thicken up a bit. Cook in a pan coated with no stick cooking spray. Makes about six pancakes.

Since this is a LP/FC combo, you can add fruit to the pancakes like blueberrys or a small banana thus making it a LP/FC/NC combo.

Enjoy!!

Skinny Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment